Centrifuge 5804 R, Eppendorf
- The Centrifuge 5804/ 5804 R is a high speed centrifuge for separation of two miscible substances, analysis of hydrodynamic properties of macromolecules and medium capacity needs for separating liquid substance mixtures with different densities, in particular, for processing and analyzing samples from the human body in in-vitro.
- More-dense components of the mixture migrate away from the axis of the centrifuge, while less-dense components of the mixture migrate towards the axis, there is a correlation between the size and density of a particle and the rate that the particle separates from a heterogeneous mixture which is is specified by the angular velocity (RPM) or acceleration (g).
- The particles' settling velocity in centrifugation is a function of their size and shape, centrifugal acceleration, the volume fraction of solids present, the density difference between the particle and the liquid, and the viscosity.
- The most common application is the separation of solid from highly concentrated suspensions.
- Isolation and separation of suspensions and immiscible liquids used in chemistry, biology, biochemistry and clinical medicine
- Cells, subcellular organelles, viruses, proteins, nucleic acids and other polymers purification and separation
- Blood sample separation into upper plasma layer, a thin interface layer and a lower layer consisteing of red blood cells
- Separation of urine components
- Collection of enzyme-containing solids
- DNA/RNA separation
- Swing-bucket rotors and adapters accommodate tubes and bottles from 0.2 mL to 250 mL
- Fixed-angle rotors for high-speed applications in tubes from 0.2 mL to 85 mL
- Centrifugation speed of up to 20,913 × g (14,000 rpm)
- Temperature range from -9 °C to 40 °C
- Temp function for fast pre-cooling
- Continuous cooling for a constant temperature maintaining after the run has been completed